The Hydropolymer Project
Unlike the common cotton wound dressings, ATIN hydropolymer wound dressings are composed of three-dimensional hydrophilic networks which accelerates the healing process by maintaining the moisture of the injury. These hydropolymer wound patches contains the extracts of medicinal plants and are completely natural with an optimal formulation. Therefore they provides the best conditions for recovery of the affected area and does not stick to the wound (due to their moisture).
These dressings are formulated for the first time in the world and are used for first or second degree burns, open fracture wounds, skin grafts, bedsores, sun burns, diabetic wounds and other wounds with low and medium exudates. There are several innovations in this project of which the use of completely natural raw materials, nanoparticles of the extract of medicinal plants to enhance the performance of the formulation, nano-capsules containing vitamin C to maximize the process of healing and the quality of dressings’ performance can be mentioned.
It should be noted that the nanoparticles of the plant extract stick to the surface of the cell membrane and disturbs properties such as permeability and respiration of the bacteria. The binding of particles to microorganisms depends on the surface area available to react with them. The smaller the size of the particles, the greater is the area and the greater the interaction with the bacteria and the antibacterial effect will be. Also, due to the ratio of surface and volume mentioned above, the use of nanoparticles reduces the use of plant extract to create therapeutic and anti-microbial properties. Reducing the use of herbal substances is important because of the removal of solvents and the reduction of cellular toxicity.
The benefits of this project are listed as follows:
- Transparency of dressings and the ability to see the wound and the treatment process
- Antibacterial effects
- Biodegradation and disintegration in the environment
- The relative lower cost of this dressing method due to the less number of replacements and better healing rates
- No pain changing dressing
- Complete compatibility with the body and having anti-allergy properties
- Keeping the moisture at the injury site
- Proper adhesion to the skin, while not sticking to the surface of the wound and are easily removed
- Absorbs bacterial exudates and infections and prevents the spread of wound contamination to the surrounding area.
- The ability to supply all raw materials with the country
- The ability to build and supply a full production line with high capacity inside the country
- The ability to produce secondary products by applying minor changes to the formulation and production line
- The suitability of the products for exportation due to the global approach to natural and organic products
- The reasonable price compared to other available dressings